Instant Messaging System FAQ
— How can I read New Messages?
— How to start the IMS?
— My Messages page
— IMS Window Description Part 1
— IMS Window Description Part 2
— Webcams features explained
— IMS Window: dealing with chat requests.
— Chat Matchmaker
— What browsers are compatible with the IMS?
— How to quote a message in a reply?
— Can I create new groups and name them as I want?
— Can I redirect all my messages to my e-mail when I`m offline?
What is the IMS?
How can I read New Messages?
If you have no messages you will see the 'INBOX' link instead of the 'INBOX (X)' link.
How to start the IMS?
My Messages page
1. Brief info about the user you received a message from.
2. Send message link. The yellow envelope indicates that received messages are not read yet.
3. Mark as read button. Click it to mark all new messages from this user as read.
4. Refresh the list of messages button. Click it to refresh the list of received messages.
5. The total number of messages received from this user within the last 30 days.
6. The grey envelope indicates that there are no new messages from this user.
7. Pages. If there are too many contacts, the whole list of contacts is divided into multiple pages which can be viewed separately by clicking the certain page number in the pager.
Note: It is impossible to delete or edit the messaging history. It is stored on the site for 30 days and then it is deleted automatically.
IMS Window Description Part 1
1. Broadcasting mode (public, private, contact list).
2. Nude/Non-nude broadcasting type switcher.
3. The number of users viewing your webcam. Click it to view the list of viewers.
4. The number of webcams you follow. Click it to view the list of webcams you follow.
5. The number of users who follow your webcam. Click it to view the trend graph for a week/month/year.
6. The Webcam Settings button.
7. Press this button to add a note about the user (only you can see it).
8. Add a user to the ignore list button. Ignored users are not able to send messages to you as well as view your webcam.
9. Click here to check out your message history with another user. Only messages for the last 30 days are available.
10. Close the current session with a user.
11. User info button. Click it to view the whole user's profile.
12. Report a user button. Click it to complain about the user if he/she breaks any Person.com rules (e.g. nudity in the general mode).
13. Hide/show timestamps.
14. User you are chatting with right now.
15. Click this icon to quote the message. (The message will be copied to the message entry field).
16. Message delivery indicator. An open envelope means that your message has been read. A closed envelope indicates an unread message.
17. Edit message panel. Here you can set your message font, color, and add smileys to it.
18. Express delivery option (available to premium users only). This feature makes chatting much easier. Click here for more details.
19. Send message button. You can also send a message by pressing the Ctrl+Enter key combination.
IMS Window Description Part 2
1. Private chat sessions section. Here you can check users that you have talked to since you last opened the IMS. You can hide it by clicking the 'Private Chat' arrow.
2. This box indicates the number of people not from your contact list who have sent you messages. After clicking this box you can decide whether to accept these messages or just mark them as read.
3. Your current private session. By pressing the 'x' you can remove a user from the current sessions list.
4. Turn on/off Chat Matchmaker button.
5. Show/Hide groups button. Click this button to either hide groups from your contact list or show groups in it.
6. Show/Hide offline users button. Click this button to either hide offline users from your contact list or show offline users in it.
7. By clicking the 'minus' button near a group name you can show/hide the list of users in this group.
8. User in your contact list who is offline at the moment.
9. Chat Matchmaker. In this section is shown the list of users who match the criteria specified in your 'Who I would like to meet' profile section. By clicking the 'minus' button near it you can hide the content of this section.
10. Refresh Chat Matchmaker button. Click this button to renew the list of users in your Chat Matchmaker.
11. Search. Using this option you can search for a user by their USERID or Nickname.
12. Search entry bar.
13. Search start button.
14. Sound on/off button. Click this button to turn the sound on/off notifying you that a new message has arrived.
15. Turn on/off the IMS pop-up window button. Click this button to turn on/off the IMS window popping up when a new message arrives.
16. Open/Close the search bar. Click this button to turn on/off the search bar.
17. Swap panels button. Click this button to swap the contact list panel and the messenger panel around.
18. Contact list manager. Click this button to go to the contact list page where you can manage your contacts.
Webcams features explained
1. Broadcast mode: Nickname. Select this mode for a private broadcast to that user.
2. Broadcast mode: contact list. Select this mode if you want to broadcast to users in your contact list only. (Choose 'contact list' to forbid users not in your contact list to view your webcam.)
3. Broadcast mode: public. If you broadcast in public all Person.com members can view your webcam.
When starting your webcam you have to select what kind of content you want to broadcast.
The two types of content are as follows:
- Non-nude. It stays just for decent broadcasts in which you are fully clothed. No nudity (particularly genitalia, breasts, pubic hair etc) is appropriate for a non-nude broadcast.
- Nude. It is meant for showing mature content. Mind: no pre-recorded videos are allowed. Read our Guidelines.
4. Broadcast mode: none. This mode is shown in the box when your cam is turned off.
5. Broadcast content type switcher. Click it to change your broadcast content type from non-nude to nude and vice-versa.
6. Users who are actually viewing your cam.
a. An anonymous user is viewing your cam at the moment. ‘anonym (X)’, where X stays for the number of anonymous users viewing your cam at the moment. Only premium users can hide their nicknames.
7. The number of webcams you follow. Click it to view the list of webcams you follow.
8. The number of users who follow your webcam. Click it to view a trend graph for a week/month/year.
9. The nickname of the user you are viewing.
10. Follow/Unfollow button.
11. The two-way video chat icon. If you see this icon this means that a user whose cam you are currently viewing views your cam as well.
12. Take a photo button. Just click this button to make a screenshot of your webcam. The photo is saved to your photo manager.
13. Record your video button. Click it to record your broadcast.
14. Your Broadcasting info. Click it to type something for your viewers, e.g. some greeting words.
15. Volume button. Just press this button to turn off the sound of a certain cam or to adjust its volume regardless of whether it is your cam or someone else’s cam.
16. Zoom in webcam button. Click it to make the webcam window you are viewing larger.
17. Zoom out webcam button. Click it to make the webcam window you are viewing smaller.
18. The number of users viewing this cam along with you.
19. This icon means that the user's webcam is on.
20. Stop broadcasting button. Click it to stop your webcam.
21. The Webcam settings button
a. Turn sound effects on/off button. Click it to turn on/off the sound notifying you of every new emotion you receive.
b. Turn visual effects on/off button. Click it to turn on/off the animation of emotions you receive. Learn more about visual effects here.
c. Mute all webcams button. Click it to turn on/off the sound coming from webcams.
d. Turn the anonymous viewing mode on/off button (available to premium users only).
e. Turn Followers notifications on/off button. Click it to turn on/off notifications you get every time someone follows your webcam.
f. Turn Viewer notification on/off button. Click it to turn on/off notifications you get every time your webcam gets a new viewer.
g. Cam settings. Click it to set your webcam.
h. Mic settings. Click it to set your microphone.
IMS Window: dealing with chat requests.
1. The envelope indicates that you've received a message from this user. To open the current IMS session with this user please click on the envelope.
2. The date and time the message was received.
3. To accept all messages from this user please press this button.
4. To mark all messages from this user as read please press this button.
5. Pages. If there are too many users wanting to chat to you, the whole list is divided into multiple pages which can be viewed separately by clicking a certain page number in the page list.
6. To mark all received messages as read please press this button.
7. To turn off the 'Mark All as Read' feature please tick this checkbox. When it is turned off all incoming messages will be automatically accepted. If you want this feature back, please turn it on here (misc settings - IMS settings).
8. To accept all incoming messages please press this button.
The match list is created based on the 'Who I would like to meet' profile section of both you and your potential partner.
People of the opposite sex will be included in your 'Match list' if you haven't specified the desired gender in your 'Who I would like to meet' profile section. The number of chat requests and the distance is also taken into account when considering matches.
What browsers are compatible with the IMS?
To download the latest Google Chrome version click here . To download the latest FireFox version click here .